Today I am going to share something very personal with you. As you may already know the Portal has its own Princess Code, a list of values and ideals we aspire to as Princesses. Now, I also have my own Princess Code! I wrote this a very long time ago…
I wrote this code because I wanted a reminder of my own personal standards, and I set them very high. The affirmations on this list are not always easy to live up to and challenge me every day. I’m going to share them with you however, because I think its very important to know what you believe in and strive to meet your own ideals.
Princess Skye’s Code
- I acknowledge that I am sometimes wrong
- I receive feedback and correction gracefully
- I refrain from criticising others
- I forgive those who have wronged me
- I apologise to those I have wronged
- I endure unfair treatment with patience and forgiveness
- I think and speak only good things about others
- I celebrate the success of others
- I count my blessings and show gratitude
- I accept help and advice when it is offered
- I seek opportunities to be of service to others
- I am willing to remain anonymous in helping others
- I am grateful for my successes
- I give credit where it is due for my successes
- I am willing to learn from my failures
- I accept full responsibility for my failures
- I accept my limitations and my circumstances
- I treat others with respect and without prejudice
- I give love and compassion unconditionally
Each of these affirmations are something that I have identified in my life that is very important to me. Most of them are things I struggle with, so this list is very humbling for me to read and I know I do not always live up to it. You will notice there is nothing on there about self esteem or some of the other themes I discuss on this blog, that is because I no longer struggle with those issues so don’t need the reminder.
Perhaps you would like to write your own personal Princess Code? You can use first person, present tense affirmations like I have here which make strong statements to inner self or you can use the Princess Code theme of ‘A Princess…’ if you prefer. You’re welcome to use some of the ideals on my list if you agree with them but I would also love to hear your own!